Next up: the shape collection from the summer travels. (Previous installments in the two previous posts include Movement and Color, see the sidebar for links.)
Some things I might try from these inspirations:
1. Think of the grid as a pattern of shapes and use it as did the artist who designed the Berlin Holocaust Memorial.
2. Try making a columnar shaped art quilt, like the Estonian tower.
3. Use the paving stone and manhole cover collection (I took lots of these photos) to make thermofax screens for an art cloth series.
4. Use the shapes of the plaster casts from the Victoria & Albert Museum to inspire some altar-shaped pieces.
5. Make a phototransfer of that lovely urn from Kensington Garden.