This 12" by 18" art quilt, stretched on a wooden frame, is my donation to Virginia Speigel's 100 Fundraiser to Fight Cancer. One hundred donated quilts will be given to the first 100 patrons to pledge $100 on February 4, starting at 10 a.m.
The piece was designed on the iPad with a number of apps coming into play: Line Brush for the original drawing, Pic Collage to place the image on a background of other images, and then altered with a paint program called Brushstroke. It's an app with a particularly nice painterly filter that can be customized and adjusted with a full set of variables, such as vibrancy, explore, saturation and contrast, as well as brush stroke. I've enjoyed using it to transform images that have the crisp edges of collage and fabric work into more painterly images.
Here are the details about the fundraiser: copied from Virginia's post
1. On February 4, the first 100 people to contact me (Virginia(at)VirginiaSpiegel.com) beginning at 10 a.m. Central will be given a link to donate $100 by credit card directly to the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause. Please note your donation to the ACS will be credited through the Forest Lake Area Relay For Life. Why? I am not responsible for the vagaries of the e-mail system.
2. Each donor will receive an artwork from one of the 100 generous and talented artists listed below. Assignments of artwork will be made using a random number generator by someone other than me. Artwork will not be shared here in advance, but may appear on artists' websites or other social media before the event. See our Pinterest board for previews of many artworks. Thanks to Deborah Boschert for maintaining the board.
3. The artwork may be any size as long as the minimum retail value is $100. Artwork smaller than 8x10" will be mounted to 8x10" or 9x9." The artwork will contain fiber and may or may not be stitched. The artwork may or may not be made specifically for this event.
3. Each artist will receive her/his patron's e-mail address to arrange shipping. Artwork will be shipped directly from the artist. Please note this is an international roster of artists. Please thank the artist for not only donating the artwork, but also shipping it to you.
4. Each artist would love to receive a low res photo of the artwork in situ from the new owner. This is not required, but the best photos may be shared here after the event.
Questions? Contact me at Virginia(at)VirginiaSpiegel.com
If you would like to be sure your Request to Donate does not go in my spam folder on February 4, send a trial message today.
Special Note: Our goal of $10,000 will make Fiberart For A Cause's donations to the American Cancer Society a nice even one-quarter of a million dollars and FFAC will be happily retired.
Thank you in advance for your support!
Spread the word about "The 100"